Table of Contents
1 pan, minimum prep and a complete whole lot of flavour! This is a spending plan-helpful vegetarian food that is certain to be cherished by the entire family.
For the cheese lovers out there, include some grated on top when the rice is scorching for a dose of melted goodness. Plant-based mostly? Omit the bitter cream or exchange it with a vegan different. Of system, sense free of charge to load on the vegan cheese or dietary yeast also.
· 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· ½ purple onion, finely diced
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 capsicum, sliced
· 1 400g (14.1oz) tin black beans, rinsed
· 1 cup frozen corn kernels
· 1 tbsp sweet paprika
· 2 tsp ground cumin
· 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
· 1 ½ cups vegetable inventory
· 1 400g (14.1oz) tin tomatoes
· ½ cup bitter product, or plant-primarily based different
· 1 avocado, cubed
· ¼ cup sliced jalapenos, or chilli flakes
· ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked
· Cheese of choice – both dairy or plant-centered alternative, grated or shredded (optional)
Warmth the olive oil in a non-adhere pan over a medium heat. Insert the crimson onion and garlic to pan. Time generously with sea salt and black pepper and sauté for 4 minutes or right until the onion starts to soften.
Add the capsicum, black beans, frozen corn, sweet paprika and cumin to the pan. Sauté for 3 minutes or right until the spices are fragrant. Increase the rice, vegetable inventory and tinned tomatoes and provide to the boil. Protect with a restricted-fitting lid, minimize the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Turn the heat off and go away to rest for 10 minutes. Never take out the lid. Letting the rice to rest will be certain the rice is appropriately cooked.
Eliminate the lid and fluff the rice. Include cheese if utilizing. Major with sour product, avocado, jalapenos and coriander.