One pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium complete wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm parts and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups very hot drinking water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warmth the olive oil in a massive cooking pot over medium-superior heat.
- Include the minced garlic and prepare dinner for a moment stirring with a wooden spoon. Include the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Incorporate 50 percent of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Incorporate calamari items and rings, stir and prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Lessen warmth to medium. Stir in the orzo and cook for a minute, stirring from time to time.
- Pour in the warm h2o minimal by minimal stirring frequently with a wood spoon. The orzo will soak up it immediately. It usually takes about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook this way and develop into al dente. Not also smooth when you bite it. Increase the rest of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, after you have stirred in all the water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, consider the pot off the heat and permit stand for a couple of minutes. The extra orzo sits the much more it absorbs the sauce so really don’t get worried if the sauce isn’t going to glance as thick. It will get there even if it is eradicated from the warmth.
- Provide orzo with lots of freshly ground pepper, drizzle with olive oil on major with basil leaves.
(Frequented 437 periods, 2 visits these days)